Saturday, August 6, 2011

First day, first ride....

After some messing about at the hotel, we finally got settled in. One bloody mary to calm my nerves, and we finally get a look at the bikes! We are unloaded about 2pm, and ready to hit the road.

We head out of the friendly confines of our Holiday Inn, and hit the road in search of lunch. Our destination is Spearfish Canyon Roadhouse...my first biker bar! A buffalo bacon burger later, and we are ready to really hit the road.

Spearfish Canyon is our first ride. We take that through Cheyenne Crossing, and then on to Deadwood.  Yes that Deadwood. Cool shit. The bikes are lined up for at least a mile on the main drag. Very cool shit.

I'm outside my 2nd biker bar now, the Stockade, drafting this entry. Don't worry mom, I only had 1 beer.
Note to self...Harley Davidsons, particularly Road Kings and their full "dresser" or "bagger" model, make up about 98% of the iron here...I'm glad I am on my Victory though.

2nd note to self...parking is NOT easy. (See photos.)







No comments:

Post a Comment